Tuesday, July 13

there is sunshine in my soul today

 I have love all the pictures I have seen lately with a good sun flare in it. So much so, that I have been dying to try it myself.

Apparently, all you have to do is play around with your f-stop (aka. aperture), and have the right lighting. All the pictures taken here were taken with an f-stop of 11, last saturday, at around 7:30pm up little cotton wood canyon in utah.

 I was so excited when my sister asked me to take their family pictures, son's 2 year picture, and daughter's 6 month picture, all in one setting. Oh - and did I mention she wanted a vintage feel? and that she got an awesome chair for the shoot? I was just too excited. It all came together beautifully!

 The bottom two pictures were actually taken by my youngest sister, Kendra. Didn't she do an amazing job for her first photoshoot? She's got some unreal talent.

But, I dare you all to go out during the evening light and snap a few pictures, while playing around with your f-stop... it is so much fun!


And don't forget to enter "MY SHADES" giveaway! ends tomorrow night! winner will be announced thursday morning!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I LOVE that look. So cool. I never would have thought try it. Beautiful pictures!

Garret said...

Those are good pictures. I didn't know that you did photography too. Good job! What kind of camera did you use?

Laura Rollins said...

Is that how you did it? So cool... I'll have to pull my camera out soon and try it.

Btw, Thanks a TON! I love the pics too! It all came together so totally awesome like, didn't it!