Monday, April 25

And it's Monday again...

...amazing how that happens, right? Beautiful, warm, sunny weekends never seem to last long enough.

Well we had a perfect little Easter weekend. I snapped this picture during little Miss Schmutz' egg hunt on Saturday. The vibe and colors of this picture has been my new source of inspiration for the moment. Isn't it amazing how something can catch your heart and make you think about it, non-stop, for hours?

I have been finding myself in a creative rut until now. How do you motivate yourself out of a creative rut?

2 comments:

Amber said...

I don't know, but when you get the answer can ya let me know?
I too love the picture.

Laura Rollins said...

That's a tough one - I hate ruts...any kind.
But, what I have found works best for me is to take a break, even if one for a day or two. During this time, DON'T THINK about your rut. You've okay-ed the break, so don't stress or feel guilty about it.
Then, spend this time doing something ELSE creative. I find I do some of my best work when I frequently hop between writing, scrapbooking and arranging music. Be creative during your break - but do it in a different way. Find a different outlet.
Also, look for inspiration in unusual places (or just be open to it when it comes along). Or, get out and enjoy other people's art - again, think all mediums of art. Movies. Books. Paintings. Scrapbook pages. Music. Just stopping what you're doing, and enjoying and appreciating other art might help as well.
Good luck!!