Friday, June 11

While running across...

 ...my favorite blogs, I ran into this wonderful idea via this blog and knew that I had to try it out. The original concept was to use fabric and just have a fun dry erase board, but I thought to hybrid-it-up a bit and make a calendar with my Happy Camper collection found at DHD.

 I think using paper in the background was easier than fabric. It was super easy... 1st - measured the frame I wanted to use, 2nd - designed up a calendar in photoshop (or elements), 3rd- printed, 4th..5th..6th..7th - cleaned glass in frame, cut out paper, put frame back together, doodled with dry erase makers. pretty simple.

 It was a very fun, cheap (I used a frame I already had and was not using) and crafty way for me to get a cute calendar out where I will actually end up using it!

5 comments:

Denise said...

I have a frame that was intended to become a dry erase board, but I like this idea so much better. Your calendar design is fantastic!

Amber said...

So cute!!!

Laura Rollins said...

What a clever idea! I love it! I've been needing a calandar... this way I can make one to match my decor!

Shannon said...

Sarah, I love this idea! I would like to feature it on my blog, fastercraft.com. Could I use one of your pictures?

sa-rah said...

What a great idea, Sara! Thanks for sharing! And, I love your butterfly card idea, too! Hand-made cards are great - maybe you can teach me when you guys move back up here?
-Sarah Rollins